Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To my students

Hello fellow Songwriters!

This past year has been quite a journey and I just want to say that I have enjoyed every minute of working with you.

I have been trying to find a way to unite us all. So I started this Blog for us!

I will be posting songwriting advice, thoughts for the day, inner ramblings and maybe even songs.

As soon as I figure out how to, I am hoping that if you want to, you can upload a song for quick reviews or  just share songs you have written. Or not! Ha.

Basically, this will be a Blog all about songs!

I hope you find this helpful. Cheers, Sally

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Sally! Thanks!
    Stuff I'm curious about today:
    *If one has a soft voice, are there ways to increase volume and strength, to project more?
    Do singers use aerobic exercise or other practices to improve their voices/lung capacity?
    How do you take care of your voice?
    *When a song is played on youtube, do the artists or songwriters, publishers, get any royalties?
    *What is common practice now regarding copyrights? Is it best to register one at Library of Congress before pitching to publishers or whomever?
    *Do you recommend joining ASCAP, BMI, etc.?
    * Is it okay to pitch a song to more than one singer or publisher at the same time?
    Thanks!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally and Everybody,

    I love this little poem.

    All the warm nights sleep in moonlight, keep letting it go into you. Do this all your life, do this, you will shine outward in old age. The moon will think you are the moon.
    -The Wishing Bone Cycle-from the Swampy Cree by Howard A. Norman

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE POEM!!!! Thanks Gary, this is what I hope would happen!

    ReplyDelete